Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Cherries Today


Last night hubby told me there were cherries at the fruit stand close to where he works. He loves to have canned cherries in his lunch. So that was my plan for today--get some cherries and get them canned.

I did some garden work this morning, cleaned up and headed down to Woodland. I don't go there often, there isn't much there for me. I went to Safeway to get the sale stuff I wanted and then headed over to the fruit stand.

They had cherries. Itty bitty little plastic boxes of cherries! They were cheaper at Safeway!!! So I left them there, pouted as I drove toward home.

Then I saw a yard sale sign! With my luck at yard sales, I stopped anyway. (If there's a bad sale, I can find it.) Would ya look at this, 3 shirts for $2, the poor ole guy couldn't believe I was going to cut them up into quilting pieces cuz those are some nice shirts. :) He was so cute. Then he wanted to know what I was going to do with the wire do-hickey. I told him I was going to put my eggs in it. He laughed.......silly man, I didn't have a cool looking basket for my eggs, now I do. I'm going to drill holes in the small dish and put this Stepable in it.

I wish I had my camera with me. I love old barns and their barn was a beauty. Painted barn red and full of giant round bales of hay. I told him I thought his barn was beautiful and I think it made his day. Now I'm on a mission to find some cherries!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with finding those shirts... Do have an idea for what you are going to do with them?

Julia said...

Great finds! I have never found anything I wanted at a yard sale. Maybe I need to change my mindset!

scraphappy said...

It will be fun to see what those shirts turn into. What a great find.