Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 12, 2010

45 Minute Focus

I had to water the garden this morning. I let the sprinkler run for 90 minutes. If I don't set my handy dandy little timer, I forget to turn it off. I clip it to my shirt or put it in my pocket so I will hear it. Then I did a few house chores and when I looked at the timer, I still had 45 minutes before going back outside. I headed to the sewing room.

I put 2 more rows of hexagons together. I pinned them, sewed them, pressed them. Then I had 7 minutes left so I pinned 2 more rows before the timer went off.


I also worked on the 4 blocks of my current leader/ender project that were laid out on my little design frame that stays close to the machine.

I went out and turned off the sprinkler, loaded the washer, then wrote this post. I think if I can keep up with my focus projects, I may be caught up before too long. Ding, ding, the timer went off, computer time is up! I'll set the timer for 45 minutes of more sewing time while the washer is working it's magic.

3 comments:

Diane said...

that's a good way to break the day into compartments of work times! love your leader/ender.

scraphappy said...

It is amazing how much you can accomplish in little snippets of time.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, you sure got moving with your timer system! Have to try it one day... 2 rows on the hexagons - you are going to leave me smack in the dust.