Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Design Wall Monday


I think I am finally on the home stretch with this quilt. This is the third and final time it will be my Design Wall Monday post. The next time you see it and I don't know when, it will be finished.

I already plan to do some echo quilting in the flower blocks and the 9 patches will get a squiggly X through them. I will write myself a note and pin it to the quilt so I don't forget my plan at quilting time. Do you write yourself notes???

The Pat Sloan BOM has progressed no further. I did buy some more orange thread so that excuse is no longer valid. Today's excuse is going to be cherries. I have to can cherries.

See what others are doing by checking at Judy L's Patchwork Times.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is goling to look fantastic and i am so excited for you to have it so close to being finished.

scraphappy said...

So pretty, and so different from the octagons you just took down from the design wall. Isn't quilting fun that way?

Teaquilts said...

What great projects you are working on. Love them both.

Julia said...

oo...ooo...ooo I love this quilt! The flower squares are great!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful, what an absolutely charming quilt!
Yep, I have notes plastered everywhere. Sticky notes are right up there with duct tape for being a girl's best friend!

Anonymous said...

Your top looks better than the one in Terri C's book! Great job on it!

Chris said...

I love your quilt. I have a collection of Americana 30s prints that I would like to do something similar with. One day....

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great! i wish I would write myself notes and remember what I was doing :)

Cathy said...

I love it, Judy! Soooooo pretty. I'll often write myself a note, or a sketch, with quilting ideas, and pin it to a quilt, especially if it going to be awhile before the quilting is done.

Vicki H. said...

notes with pins good idea. I have lost so many notes to self that had such wonderful ideas too!!

Diane said...

looks good. my computer is broken and beyond my skills to fix.
It has to go to the geek squad. I'm trying to use daughter's laptop but it's so slow going I need a mouse!
hopefully I'll be in touch soon-have a great week

Barb in Mi said...

What a pretty quilt! And so many applique blocks - I admire your patience with that! As for notes: I guess I need to start to pin them on my projects...

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Just beautiful. I will miss it when it is no longer on the design wall!
glen

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I take my notes, clipped magazine photos and other inspirations and pin them to the edges of my large design wall so I won't lose them. The edges are slowly encroaching on the center and I'm losing space for my blocks. . .