Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Motivated!


After yesterday's post, I was all excited to get my remaining blocks made. I sat down in the afternoon and sewed up block 22. Now I will patiently wait for blocks 23 and 24, but while I wait........I'll sew.

This morning I decided to get the rest of my blocks ready to sew. I got out my book and picked 6 more blocks to make for this quilt. I printed off the papers and got all of the blocks cut into kits. My fabric bag is getting pretty slim and I'm curious what EQ7 will give me for stash busting yardage. I just picked 30 different star blocks, colored the sashing and backgrounds black and left the color sections alone. Now I need to add up the numbers.

Until then, I need to put the potato salad together for dinner.........

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Isn't it fun, when the mood strikes and motivation hits? It's a great time to get lots done.

scraphappy said...

I have exactly that book but have always been intimidated to try anything from it. Your black and bright stars might motivate me though, it would certainly be worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Pooh SO organised! What a great idea to do that for each block! I've got a quilt I cut out years ago and it's been in my UFO pile ever since because I can't work out all the pieces all this time later...

Diane said...

mmmm, potato salad-I need to make a batch.
Way to stay motivated and "focused"!

Katie said...

Hey Judi!! Thank you for your kind words!! BTW, I have this book too!!! Your quilts are gorgeous keep up the good work!