Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, November 29, 2018

2019 UFO Challenge

Judy L at Patchwork Times is hosting the 2019 UFO Challenge.  I did remarkably well in 2018 (finished 8 and moved forward on 2 others) so I am going to continue my UFO Busting in 2019.
It's always a bit intimidating for me when I start listing my UFOs. I have a lot of them so I just started making a list until I Had more than 12 to choose from. See what I did right there???

So here is my list for 2019.  As I made my list, I see a pattern...I'm a top maker! Does that make me a part time quilter???


Top completed January 2013
Make back, quilt.
Finished October 25, 2019
I used a very pretty green wide back that matches the green of the cornerstones perfectly.


Started October 2016
Finish last block, make back and binding, quilt.


#3 Reach For The Stars
Started September 2011 with BOM QA group
Blocks all made, assemble, make binding, back, quilt.


#4 Oklahoma Backroads
Add border, make back, binding and quilt.
Finished August 25, 2019


#5 Tell It To The Stars
A Judy Laquidara Design 


#6 Friends & Companions 

#7 Cathedral Stars
Binding is made, make back and quilt.
January's UFO
Gifted to Ashlee


#8 Smith Mountain Morning
Started June 2014 with no blog post.
1st post is August 2014


# 9 Celtic Solstice 


Binding cut ready to make, make back, quilt.
Gifted to Lacey


#11 Easy Street
Gifted to Pam 


#12  Log Cabin
Make back, binding, quilt. 
Gifted to Crystal






7 comments:

Mary said...

Yep, you have many Tops. I see a Few Quiltville projects waiting for next year!! Going to choose projects for my UFO List now! Good to dust them off, right?

Ramona said...

You have some gorgeous UFO’s on your list for 2019. I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on these in the year to come. Great job in 2018!

PaintedThread said...

Wow. So many. And they're all beautiful!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I think you are a fulltime quilter! Your quilts are lovely. I like the variety of designs.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

LOL Oh I am just like that. I have tops, missing borders, blocks waiting for sashing and cornerstones, several tops needing to be quilted. I counted once and I was well over 100 UFO's.

scraphappy said...

There are some beautiful quilts in that list. Best of luck turning your quilts into tops.

Annie said...

I’d say you are definitely a full time piecer and part time quilter. LOL. Too funny Judy. I am rather happy to say that I cannot join that challenge as I don’t have any UFOs. I force myself to finish a quit I have started. That last bunch of UFOs I did have was unusual and out of character for me but there were special circumstances. No more of that start and not finish business for me. You have so many beautiful quilt tops ready to be quilted! I’m glad you are getting them from tops to quilts. They are all so great, I couldn’t even begin to choose a favorite.