Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Mystery Quilt


I have been keeping a huge secret and it was killing me!!! I had the honor of being a pattern tester for Judy L's June Mystery. I've had my blocks put together for a couple weeks but only put on the borders last night~why do I stall at the borders! I knew today was the reveal so I spent my sewing time yesterday finishing my top.

I cannot wait to quilt it! But I need to get some backing. I want to use my favorite light blue flannel so will wait until I am in town. No sense making a special trip for it, I have other things that need quilted first. But it is first on my errand list!!!

15 comments:

Julie said...

Your quilt is beautiful - great work!

Cathy said...

That is lovely! Great job

Granny said...

Thank you so much for testing for me. Love your quilt!

Amy said...

That's next on my list! In fact---just doing a quick check-in; and I'm off back downstairs to my quilting area! I like your blues!!!!!

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful - love it! Now that I know the revealed quilt, maybe I will start to make it - as a non-mystery....
Which one was easier to make: MDQ or June mystery?

scraphappy said...

I was just headed in to finish off my blocks. Your quilt looks great! Now I can't wait to log off so I can go get sewing. How are you going to quilt yours?

AnnieO said...

That is a hard secret to keep! But I am happy to see Judy's design come to life so completely. Just lovely.

I think you left a comment on my blog the other day regarding my mystery blocks but the Judy who commented was a no-reply. Was it you?

Mary said...

You sneaky quilter you. Glad you got to test the pattern. Yours is beautiful. I have had too many other Pressing quilts on my agenda. Challenge for guild and of course my SBS.

Gina said...

Love the quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Barb in MI said...

Your quilt looks so calm and comforting - lovely!
Barb in MI/FL

Teaquilts said...

Judy, Beauiful job on the mystery quilt. Love your colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

How could you keep this a secret from us?!?!? LOL
Your quilt is wonderful...love it!
I am totally inspired to put mine together but it SOOO hot that I couldn't possibly put the iron on :(

fancystitching said...

LOVE this quilt, Judy! I really like the light blue accent strips on each star... that works very well.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Judy - Your quilt looks great! It must have been hard keeping yours a mystery also - How Fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it. I love the colours you've used in the blocks and the pattern is full of motion... In short: I want it!