Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

In A Few Minutes


I LOVE this block! Moose on the Porch Quilts posted the newest block yesterday so I sat down and sewed it up this morning. Behind it are the hexagon blocks and they are not moving until it's time to sew them into rows! So the dark corner squares are a bit lost in the photo.

I'd really like to use up the strips that are left in the 2 bags to finish this quilt. Maybe a simple narrow sashing--I have a bag stuffed full of 1 1/2" strips and piano key border and my favorite scrappy binding. I'll have to do some serious math to get this one figured out. I wonder if EQ7 can figure it out for me. I think not, I have to do it my way--trial and error. Pull the strips out of the bag, sew them together and cut them apart.........

5 comments:

Diane said...

oh pretty block, I just finished mine but haven't posted it yet.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

lovely block! what about doing string blocks for your border? making them into 4.5 - 6.5 or whatever size you want and use up those strings.

Teaquilts said...

I like this block too. I'm going to go check out the link you provided but wanted to comment first. Thank Judy.

Stephanie D said...

Hmmm, I really like this block, too! Bet it makes a pretty quilt!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for introducing me to this quilt-a-log! I love sampler quilts and have been mesmerized but clueless about jelly rolls for ages so this is the perfect opportunity to give them a go!