Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Design Wall Monday


The mojo was missing most of the month but I think it's returned.
For a minute maybe.
The quilting is finally finished on Crabapples.
It didn't take too long to get it trimmed up and binding on.
I was going to take it to the beach to stitch the binding,
but I was sitting on the couch petting it so I grabbed the hand stitching box and started.


After the binding was finished, 
I had just a few minutes left of my audio book.
I grabbed my bin with Oklahoma Backroads and 
decided to make one block.
I need to get busy and get the rest of this kitted up.
I've been using the 4 patches for my leader/ender and 
think I need to see where I'm at with them.


The other day I watched a you tube video and the gal was making Chocolate Cherry Jam.
So I ordered the newest Ball canning book and bought some frozen cherries.
Here's a helpful tip,
Cherries are expensive,
3 little bags were $12!
When I chopped them up,
they equaled 3 cups.
I need 6 cups.
I made half a batch.
It's good, really good!
I'll buy cherries when they are fresh and make more.
Or find a new/cheaper source for frozen.

See what others are working on at Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Another Bonnie Quilt start. Excited to be on the countdown with you and the rest of the Pacific Northwest Quilters!! 22 days! Waiting to see the agenda. Choclate Jam?? I might have to taste it to make sure it's good.
Mary C

Ramona said...

Oh yum! Does your jam taste like Chocolate covered cherries? I'm glad your mojo returned... even if it's for a little while. Your new blocks is a great use of your four patches!