Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

I Like Thursdays #30

30 posts from me,
114 posts from LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.
Check her out and the friends that also share their Thursday Likes.
Also, please join us in sharing a few of your Likes each week.


Retreat was last weekend.
I always take a picture of this snag tree on the first day of retreat.
I've been coming to this retreat center for 20 years and
probably started the pictures 15 years ago.
One day it will no longer be there but it sure is standing mighty right now.


There are lots of old Maple trees there.
I love all the colors so much.
I always feel my Gramma Maple when I look at them.


I love this picture so much that I use it as my phone background.


Sweet Nadine, retired kindergarten teacher, read us a story.
Wonky Donkey is now our new favorite. 
If you haven't heard of Wonky Donkey, 
search YouTube for it. 
It's worth the watch.


There were lots of horses up on the hill from the sewing room.


These are my chickens.


These are our friend's chickens.
They go to Arizona for the winter so we are fostering their girls.
We call them Bill's Beach Babes.
We are lucky to have 2 chicken yards and 2 chicken houses.
The Babes are working hard in my garden which is their yard.


We get plenty of eggs every day!
I love that there are green eggs in my bucket.
I will be adding hens that lay pretty eggs to my flock in the spring.


I started quilting another quilt!
This Sampler is one of my favorites.
It's called Grandmother's Choice: Votes for Women.
I started this in October 2012 and it's aged long enough.
It is also the last of the quilts that were on the basted pile.


I added 400 new basting pins so I can baste a few more quilts now.
I got the idea from my friend Julie.
The basting is what holds me back from the quilting.
Now I can get in basting mode and baste as many as I have pins for
and I will be ready to quilt when I want to.
I have the most awesome friends! 
Sharing such awesome ideas!!!
I am lucky to be in this great community of quilters.

Image result for Quilters Delight Safety Pin Covers

I use size 1 pins with these grip covers.
I borrowed this picture from Amazon.
I also bought my covers from Amazon. 
I worked on putting the covers on the pins during tv time in the evening.
It took 3 nights and a pair of little needle nose pliers to get them done.


Little Jessie is King of the Big Bed.
Hahaha.
He's so tiny but he thinks he takes up all the space.
He came to visit us at retreat and the gals were shocked at how tiny he is.
He's only 7 pounds but he's mighty. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 



10 comments:

LA Paylor said...

OMG you made my week with Wonky Donkey!!! I went to Youtube and heard a Scottish Granma read it and laughed along with her the whole way. Now I want the book! Hilarious!
Your tiny mighty pup is cute, and I can imagine controls the roost. Lovely chickens, for some reason I enjoy seeing flocks of chickens. The last time I say a cool flock was at Plymouth MA
LeeAnna

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy! I haven't heard of Wonky Donkey, but I will YouTube it. It sounds like something I should share with my little Dominic, don't you know?! And those pin covers!! Very intriguing. I will check out Julie's post. Basting/layering - that whole step is my least favorite part of quilting. Anything to make it easier!! Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm going to have to check out Wonky Donkey on YouTube, too - I love children's books! Beautiful tree photos you have there, and fresh eggs like that must be wonderful! Happy quilting!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the story suggestion...looking it up today. I have never heard of those basting pins...another thing for me to look up. Thank you for sharing....

Quilter Kathy said...

We love the Wonky Donkey song in my family... when the kids were younger, they'd sing it in rounds!

Shannon said...

Your little Jesse is adorable!! Definitely the KING OF THE BED! And your chickens are wonderful. They look about the same size as Jesse, what do they think of each other? Love the fall colors of the retreat and now I want to find the wonky donkey!

PaintedThread said...

I've never seen those basting pins before. Neat! The trees are pretty, those chickens look content and those eggs look lovely!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Jessie is fabulous. Bobbin is a couple pounds more and takes up the larger half of a queen sized bed. I love your pics of the snag. There are some I watch all the time. When they finally fall I am actually sad. Love your chickens. Winter, time to plan for coop enhancement next spring.

Jean said...

Such beautiful trees! Saw the Wonky Donkey video a few weeks ago and then, spotted the book in the bookstore. So funny.

sanpiseth40 said...

I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
หนังใหม่