Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, November 29, 2018

I Like Thursdays #32


Here are some likes from this past week.
The view from my front deck.
I love watching the clouds.


I Love Kelly Clarkson
I was watching The Voice and had to pause and this was my picture.
I can't even remember what she was talking about. 
She is so expressive with her words and her gestures.


It was turkey broth week.
Even though I didn't cook Thanksgiving dinner,
we still cook a turkey over the weekend. 
I mean, turkey sandwiches are the best!
And then it's all the other turkey goodness that you get after you are tired of sandwiches. 

Turkey bones cooked all day and overnight on the woodstove.
Cooled and placed in fridge overnight.
Finally strained and put into 9 pint jars.
I must have a full canner so beans pressure cook as long as broth.
4 pints plus 3 1/2 pints of pinto on my pantry shelf.
Can you believe I'm out of pint jars!!!
That's both good and bad.
I need more beans canned. 

Have a wonderful week.
Check out my Not Afraid of Color for a list of friends that Like Thursday.


4 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful view from your deck. I like Kelly Clarkson as well, think I'd pick her as my coach (if I could carry a tune, ha!). She seems so nice. Hope you have a wonderful day!

LA Paylor said...

I love Kelly C too, so real and one imagines, friendly enough to come over and enjoy a chat. And she doesn't have the traditional star body, it makes me happy to see that she is so successful and appreciated for her talent not expected to look skinny.
wow on the canning.,.. great job!

PaintedThread said...

That view is great. Trees and sky. Ah... Huzzah for canning! :-)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great view. Even though I don't cook a turkey I did cook a turkey breast that Bobbin and I munched on for 3 days. Never thought about canning the broth. So do you pressure seal it or water bath it?