Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Design Wall Monday


After finishing the Hearts and Flowers From Friends quilt,
I decided to work on Oklahoma Backroads.
This is a free Quiltville pattern.
This is my UFO #4 for Judy L's 2019 UFO Challenge.


I needed to add the borders, make the binding and the back.
 That is all done, 
I need to give these both a good pressing
and piece up some batting leftovers from the last few quilts.
I laughed at myself.
Evidently I can't read my tape measure because look how much extra backing I have.
That will be trimmed up for the scrap user bins after basting.
I don't need the extra to get under my quilting and
as well as I know myself, that is pretty much guaranteed to happen. 😎😏😒

Check out the great design walls at 

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I'm right there with you, Judy! If these is too much extra, it gets quilted into the quilt uninvited! I'm looking forward to seeing another finish from your quilting space!

Kim said...

There are lots of happy scraps to be seen in this quilt. I too, seem to have trouble with my measuring tape when it comes to the backing.

Sheila said...

I totally understand what you are saying. Happens to me every time my backing is much larger than my top.
LOVE your colorful quilt. I must remember to give this pattern a go!
Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Julie said...

Yes, on the extra fabric getting caught! It definitely happens to me! You are making such good progress!

Mary said...

Such scrappiness. Go Judy!! Blob-oBorders work fast for a finsh flimsy.