Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Mystery Monday Link Up and Design Wall Monday


What do you do after Christmas?
I sew. And sew and sew.
Did you know neutrals are my favorite color? 
How fun to spot my picture as part of Bonnie's collage!!


First I needed to finished clue #5 for Good Fortune.
I really like making this block.
I can't wait to see where it lives in this quilt.



I learned something while removing pages from my phone book.
I didn't knew there was a reverse directory in it. 
I had to look for my own phone number.


Bonnie suggests only working on 2 pages at a time.
I wanted to try 3 just for the heck of it.
It blew up in my face pretty fast.
2 pages sewn together meant the tape and the scalpel seam ripper came out.
That blade wouldn't cut melted butter so it had to be changed.
I love the removable Scotch tape for paper repair.
It doesn't get sticky and gunky when it's ironed.
Of course I don't apply the iron to the tape, 
only to the fabric.  

Like everyone else that is working on Good Fortune,
I cannot wait for the next clue. 



Next up this week will be cutting into some of these lovely sweater knits. 
I figure if I cut it out, it will get sewn up faster.
Pieces have been matched to the patterns.
Crossing my fingers for a new top or 2 this week. 

See what others are working on at 

and



2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats for making the Blog! Waiting patiently for Part 7. We usually are putting Blocks together on New Year’s. Wonder what these parts will make?? Have fun sewing shirts. Happy New Year my Quilty friend!

Julie said...

I look forward to seeing all the reveals! What fun on the new shirts.