Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I Like Thursdays #18

 I love our trail camera.
You never know what you'll see on them.



Twins...how adorable!


I do not like this at all.
Imagine my shock when I saw her.
When did it become OK to trespasser?
She had to cross a fence. 
Time to post our back fence. 


Another surprise.
I knew this beauty was around but it's the first time we've seen it on our camera.



Family reunion was Saturday.
I only took a few pictures and they were all of my niece Katie.
In the back are her gorgeous daughters


Kiddos stayed the day while mom and dad had a date day.
Shopping for school and lunch.
92° outside so let's have a hot tub party.
Why not!


We made sausage.
I believe it's important that children learn about real food 
and to help with the preparation and preserving of our food.
It's a lot of fun when Gramma and Grampa have fun tools like a sausage stuffer.


We canned tuna.
All the kiddos had a job and 
Daisy Dog is the supervisor.


140 jars should keep 2 families in tuna for a while.
I really like that we can use the shop as an outdoor kitchen.
2 pressure cookers out there and 1 in the house made for a pretty quick day.
Pretty quick if you 2 pc loads in each canner and each load takes a total of 3 hours.


I spent some time in the outside office enjoying the evening
and taping together another pattern.
I really like that tape dispenser.
Every time I use it, I wonder why I waited so long to buy it.


I really like this view.
This is home, my happy place.

 I walked down to close the gate
 and noticed the dramatic contrast of the lawn and the trees.
It's so dry here.


We never beg for rain in the Pacific Northwest but we are again this summer.

Thanks Not Afraid of Color for the awesome I Like Thursdays posts.
I really like visiting Blogland on Thursdays.





7 comments:

Mary said...

We need rain on the East side. Too much smoke. Great Teamwork getting the canning done. Crazy lady trespasser... electric, barbed wire on the fence??

LA Paylor said...

what's this world coming too when it is dry in the PNW and flooding in the East???
What a great list of likes, I feel your love and pride of home, your safe place that should not have a tresspasser. Sheesh. Boundaries people! I'd be nervous seeing the bobcat though...

Suzanne said...

I like that you are teaching the next generation kitchen skills. Beautiful country, even if it is a little dry.

PaintedThread said...

I like your wildlife. What kind of wildcat is that? I do not can/preserve that often, but I'm glad to know what I do. It's nice when you get along with family! I'm heading to a reunion this weekend.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy! I just read Michele in PA and Shannon in OK's blog posts about how much rain they are getting. It sure would be nice if we could have the weather a little more balanced out. Send some to you and northern CA to put out those fires. The sausage looks fabulous, as does the tuna. YUM! I cannot believe that woman just brazenly walking down your path! WOW. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Melissa said...

What a pretty kitty-kitty! Lynx? and um lady, you no belong there. Did you get a sign posted yet? I'm slow in reading blogs lately. I love the wedding pics

Joni said...

I second your cry for rain. We're in the Willamette Valley, Oregon and it is really crispy this year! I love your duel burner/cooker for canning tuna. The tuna is too far out (over 60 miles) off our coast, hope the tuna comes in closer to have a few fresh tuna roasts in the freezer. We get a few trespassers, too on our game cams, even though we have signs and security cams and locked gates...very frustrating and dangerous. Beautiful pic of the bobcat!