Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, August 02, 2018

I Like Thursdays #16

I Like Thursday-Last Week's Beach Edition


The Lucifer had 1 flower that was open.
There is evidence that maybe others had bloomed.
We heard a rumor that deer like these flowers.


I think this little Miss right here might be the one jumping the fence 
to have herself a few little tasty bites of my flowers.
This was taken at Neighbor Larry's yard.
We have another Lucifer out back and it looks like maybe she is using it for her bed.


Neighbors Rick and Donna were putting a new roof on their house.
Daisy and I were taking turns keeping an eye on them.
She doesn't always nap.


I tested out my new comfy rocker.


And worked on finishing these socks while staying hydrated.
It's only lemon water.


Pardon Neighbor Chuck's remodeling mess.
(The never ending remodel.)
The Poop Deck is looking amazing.
Thank you so much to my dear friend Pam.
She waters when we can't be there.


One evening we took a drive on the beach hoping to catch an awesome sunset.
It didn't happen.
Fog happened instead.
It's pretty cool watching as it gently makes it's way inland.


New socks for passenger seat knitting.
I love Opal yarn.
This color way is Robin Hood.
Grays, creams and oranges.


We came home so I could go to my doctor appointment.
And spend time with these kiddos so their parents could go on a date.
I don't know where Leland went but he's around somewhere.
It's not like him to miss out on a picture.

This morning we are talking about heading back to the beach.
But someone (not me) had a bad cold.
It could be worse than childbirth. 😉😷😳
Poor poor manbaby.

Check out others that do I Like Thursday posts at Not Afraid Of Color.


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Your dog looks so happy there napping on the porch! I'm sorry you're having such problems with the deer and your flowers. My parents have a similar elk infestation, they keep eating my mom's garden and my dad's fruit trees....

Your socks are so pretty! I knitted socks a long time ago and then decided I didn't like knitting and switched to crochet, but I've recently been toying with going back to knitting. I want to make some more socks and I think they'll just come out better in knitting than crochet...

LA Paylor said...

Socks! I need to find my sock stuff. Haven't tried opal yarn yet. Lemon water, good idea to give it a little flavor. I don't drink enough. My flowers are languishing in the heat here... I thought I'd have lush arrangements, but not this year!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your rocker looks perfect for taking to the beach! I love watching the sunset over the ocean - you never know what you're going to get, do you?

PaintedThread said...

Good stuff. I bet those will be really pretty socks!

Mary said...

Fun socks. Sorry somebody has a man cold. No fun to be miserable at the Beach. Good Grandma time!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy! Aww, I hope a cold didn't keep you from the beach. I enjoy seeing your photos, and it looks like between you and Daisy you've got the hood covered. I new rocking folding chair?!! I would love to have one of those. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one for myself. Happy Friday, friend! ~smile~ Roseanne

Suzanne said...

Nothing better for a cold then beach time, in my opinion. Your dog has the right idea...sleep and recharge!