Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, August 06, 2018

Design Wall Monday


It's been a busy busy week so not much sewing has happened.
I took some quiet time today to sit down at the machine.
Easy, quick piecing on this Triangle Gathering and Strings top.
I put the blocks into separate piles and reached over and picked up the top block.
No layout at all.
I have the fabric laying out to cut the borders.
This will be a nice cuddle on the couch quilt.


In the evenings, I've been basting diamonds for the Antique Star quilt.
I'm just going to baste and baste and baste. 
I did sew 1 star block together but I decided to wait on any more.
I pulled out a bunch more of my shirt fabric and need to cut more diamonds.
I love the soft feel of the recycled shirts. 
This is going to be a great quilt!

Check out fabulous design walls at


4 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh the blues just sparkle with all of the low volume fabrics. It's gorgeous.

Mary said...

Love the Blues. I agree that the shorting Judy feel good. I stitched up a few of my UFO blacks. Gotta get up and at 'em. My DWM Blog isn't up yet

Suzanne said...

I look forward to seeing how your star quilt comes together.

Julie said...

I love your your Triangle Gatherings and strings quilt. It is sparkly and fun. Amazing!