Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 26, 2013

On The Needles


I've made great progress on my sock from last week.  I've decided I'm not a good pooling yarn picker.  I'm just going to knit socks and have fun with the way the colors end up.  I have to hurry and finish this one so I can cast on sock 2.

I'm so anxious to see how the ribbing will turn out.  I'm thinking there is no way I'm going to get this to be a matching pair of socks.  If it does, great, if not, I won't care.  After all, they sell unmatched socks in the store--my teen granddaughter loves them.

See other great On The Needle projects at Patchwork Times and see on Judy L's sock how yarn pooling is supposed to look.

7 comments:

straythreads said...

great color I like the way the black squiggles in to blue. Ann

Granny said...

Picking pooling yarn isn't easy, is it? I've given up expecting my stripes to match too. Let's just enjoy making socks and not stress! :)

Nancy said...

A very attractive sock - the yarn is behaving very well.

Paula, the quilter said...

I like working with blue too. Don't know why, but it seems to really relax me.

NurseBrandy said...

Love 'em, Judy!!!

:)

Suzanne said...

They look great to me!

Judy S. said...

Pretty! What's the yarn?