Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday


So far I am not bored with stitching the whites and greens.
I am still stitching on hexies daily.
After all it is National Sewing Month!!


This is how I the greens go on until I get them
all stitched and have a lay out,
then the remaining greens will be added.


These beauties are patiently waiting for their next steps.
My challenged to myself is to finished these before I start any more,
even though they are each kitted up and ready to baste.
I think sometimes they taunt me a little but so far I've ignored them.

Today I will cut the whites and greens for these and start glue basting.

Honestly I am a whole lot farther along than I thought I would be.

See other fabulous Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic progress! I saw a wonderful hexie quilt when visiting my cousin and must remember to blog about it. I really love these, but hope that I don't get it into my head to make one! LOL
Thanks for linking up!

Mary said...

Oh, You tempt me Judy D! I CAN'T START ANOTHER PROJECT! I have my hexie flowers sewn onto 6.5" squares.
Have fun stitching. I have to take my Sunday's Off. 6 Day's is enough for me.

Nancy said...

What discipline you have to resist starting more "flowers." You are making great progress and will be able to work on the new blocks soon.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have read tips to add the paths as you go, so that bordom doesn't set in. I just started a hexie project but it is not a large quilt, so far so good but I am still just covering papers. It is a great way to pass time while traveling in the car.

Cathy said...

Reminds me of one of my grandma's quilts. The little hexies look addicting. I made my hexie quilt with 6 inch hexies so I wouldn't take so long!!

Deb A said...

So pretty. I must not start anything new until some UFO's get finished......... or January comes =) Think I can resist for another few months? Will enjoy watching your flower paths grow.