Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Saturday Sewing

 Saturday was a busy, busy day!  I started out early in the sewing room trying to be quiet.  I already had plans to babysit the grands this afternoon.  OH BOY! Those 4 cuties can wear a Gramma out!  We had a blast.


I made a couple pink star blocks and some 4 patches for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I love this star block so I made 2...the whites were already cut and you can't go wrong with 4 patches.  Maybe I'll continue with these blocks and make a super cute baby girl quilt. Visit SoScrappy to see other fabulous pink blocks.  


When we got home, Ernie wanted to watch a movie that I didn't care about so I went in to the sewing room and worked on Easy Street.  This last step is taking me a while.  I sure am liking it though and can't wait to start the second set of blocks.

13 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I really like your star!

Mary said...

Nice sewing. I'm not as good at random, I'm finding, I want to match the part up the fg 4-patch and b/w pieces in each block. We'll see if I get it to flimsy by Tuesday's Guild Mtg.

Annie said...

Oh, Judy, your star and coordinating blocks are pretty, pretty fabric combos. And the Easy Street...love how that's looking!

Quilter Kathy said...

Pretty pink blocks...and love your Easy Street block.
I hope to make some progress on mine tomorrow.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great pinks, You have all your white ready to go. Makes me feel behind. Your Easy Street is looking good.

scraphappy said...

Great pink block. The last clue for easy street seems to be taking everyone a long time, but it s an impressive looking quilt. Hope you get to rest up after your busy day yesterday.

Ellen said...

Your star and 9 patches look great. Your Easy Street looks fantastic - I didn't participate but I did save the instructions so I can make mine later.

Angie said...

Pink stars - wonderful idea! I love star blocks of all kinds!

Sheila said...

Wow. Love your pink star! You are so right about 2 patch blocks. Can't go wrong with them.
Beautiful Easy Street fabrics.

Nancy said...

Your Easy Street blocks are great - you made great fabric choices!

Teresa in Music City said...

Yep, I'm taking a while on these blocks too Judy. But they are so beautiful that I just don't seem to mind :*) Can't wait to start on the B blocks though. Yours are looking wonderful! I really like that pink star too - wowzers!

Candace said...

Your pinks are adorable and your clue 8 for Easy street is looking fabulous.

Deb A said...

That will make a really cute baby quilt! Love the star - it is very striking. Great progress on Easy Street - I am still back at step 5 I think.