Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday


Last Monday, I showed my 7 of my Crabapple blocks and after the return of the Mojo on Tuesday, I am now putting on the borders. I love how Design Wall Monday can wake up the Mojo and even with limited sewing time can result in so much progress.

I love putting my quilt center up on the wall and adding the borders pieces to see what the whole thing is going to look like. And how you can spot a mistake or something that needs your attention from a photo. I'm looking at the bottom setting triangle and wondering what the heck is going on with it. I'll find out soon. (Nothing serious, it just needed to be smoothed out. Thank goodness! I did not want to break in the new seam ripper!)

I thought I had more than enough sections made for the border but when I divided my pieces into 4s and counted, I need to make more. I haven't sewed them into long rows yet so I can mix up the colors I am adding.

I love that I am using so many of my short 1 1/2" strips and I can now close that drawer. My next leader/ender project is definitely going to use 2 1/2" strips and squares for the majority of it, I can't get either drawer closed.

Go over to Patchwork Times and see all the other fabulous design walls throughout Blogland. Be prepared to stay and visit for a while.

13 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Love the pieced border!

Paula said...

What a great scrap quilt. Loving it!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great use of scraps! Love it.

Quilter Kathy said...

You have made amazing progress with the crabapple quilt...your mojo is really on "high"!!

Mary said...

i don't think those are Crab apples they look too happy! Nice borners, glad you got your Mojo back!

AnnieO said...

Bonnie's pattern is wonderful and I love your version. Glad the seam ripper stayed safely out of your hands. My scrap bins are overflowing too--I really need to get a project going with them!

Kari Nitzel said...

Love the Crab Apple quilt, this is a great idea for all my scraps. Did you strip sew them or piece each one?

Diane said...

oh it looks great Judy! love it!

Judy D in AZ said...

I just love it! Now I am jumping on the scrap/Bonnie Hunter wagon. I ordered her books and received them a few days ago. Time to get the scraps under control and use them to make some great tops.

Barb in Mi said...

It's looking great! And inspired your mojo - way to go!

Nann said...

I love the Crabapple quilt -- I made it myself earlier this year. (And I've used a couple of thousand more 1.5" squares since then.)

Gari in AL said...

that quilt is just looking better and better. I love the trees and all the little squares.

Teaquilts said...

Judy I've been out of the loop for a while but just had to say this is a gorgeous quilt. Love the coloration of your scraps.