Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday


I finally have something quilty on my design wall. I've been using my Crabapples as my leader/ender for some time now. I have all the blossoms bits sewn together and now I'm making the tree parts. I'm to the point in the leader/ender project that I just want to sit down and sew the blocks together now. I have all the paper pieced tree parts in progress with several more ready for the blossoms. (I don't know if that's what they are really called but it seems like a perfect name for me.)

Now that spring break is over and all the kiddos are back to their regular program, I will get back to mine. I still don't have the longarm timed although I did work on it once in a while for a minute or two so that will be a good place to start as soon as I get to the sewing room.

Go over to Judy L's and really see what everyone else is doing. Don't you just love the new link feature she is using?

16 comments:

Brita said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! Those itty bits are all leader/enders? Way to go!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE that quilt. Yours is coming along beautifully. I may have to break down and buy that book. Of course, I should make some of the quilts in the book of hers that I bought. So many quilts, so little time!

pcflamingo said...

Love those crabapples - and "blossoms" is just the right name for the top part of the tree. That's one of the many quilts I have tagged in my copy of Leaders and Enders to make some day. I have Bonnie's other two books and have many quilts tagged in them as well. I will have to live to be 100 to finish all the quilts on my bucket list.

Diane said...

I am a just bit farther along on my top than you are. I had so much fun making this one! I have the pieced border made just not put on yet. I worried about making this one just like the book sine I am sure most everyone is making it liek the book. But I liked it so much I did it anyway. I may make another one and make it different.

Chris said...

I love your blocks.

Jo said...

Your blocks and looking great. I finished that quilt around Christmas time....I love the quilt but it was a TOTAL trial for me. I even ran my through the sewing machine sewing that quilt. The needle was in one side and the thread through the other side of my finger...all in all...I still love the quilt.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I've always loved any sort of 'tree' block. These are great!

Quilty Conscience said...

I love this pattern! Nice job.

Diane said...

well your wall looks like mine did until this afternoon!! HOPEFULLY I will get my act together and get a picture of my crabapples in the next few days...
yours are looking great and I felt the same way tired of L/Ender-ing and just started working on it full time.

Cathy said...

That quilt is on my seemingly endless want to do list. Yours is gorgeous, and just might help bump mine a few places up the list.

LuAnn said...

I love your trees. Neat idea. I do love Judy Ls new design wall link so we can see a glimpse of each wall all at once.

Quilter Kathy said...

I find that at some point, a leader/ender project wants to be THE project and takes over completely!

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I really like your trees. Is this going to be a bed quilt or a wallhanging? I am trying to do leaders/enders but I keep forgetting to use them. I'm not sure if it is a technique I'm going to be able to learn. :-(

Melinda said...

Your crabapples are looking wonderful. How large is it going to be?

Linda said...

I love your crabapples and the colors are great! I love Leader/Ender blocks too and I get so much done with them but yes, they do take over quickly.

Melinda said...

You have inspired me as to what my next leaders/enders project should be. I love your crabapples. Looking forward to seeing it finished. ;)