Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My Simple Life

Now that the Labor Day weekend is over and Ernie and Mike had a successful road trip from Arizona, it's time to get back to "normal". The moving truck is unpacked and Crystal, Mike and Elliot are settling in to their new home. I am ready to get back to my simple life.

This photo was taken at the Pomeroy Living History Farm last month. The Pomeroy Living History Farm is a non-profit educational museum depicting 1920's agrarian life in Southwest Washington state. The farm is open to the public the first full weekend of each month, June through September. Over twenty-five staff and volunteers dress in period costume and utilize living history as an interpretive technique to provide many hands on experiences for guests.

The pile of fence posts made me think of my childhood. Dad had a pile just like this somewhere on the farm. If my memory is wrong (which it is sometimes), then he should have.

Every year they have a Quilt Festival the first full weekend of August. Sonya, Gloria and I attended on Sunday. There were old quilts and new quilts. This years theme was Redwork. Well, needless to say, I had to jump on the band wagon and I have a Christmas wall hanging I am now working on. I love this place. I saw old friends and new friends and lots of eye candy. I even have an entry form for next year when the theme will be butterflies. What to do, what to do. (I tried editing this post to upload photos of an old quilt and a grouping of new redwork but blogger doesn't like my dial up.)

Today I will stay at home and work on a customer quilt. Its a purple split nine patch with a flannel back. I am using my newest pantograph on it with purple variegated thread. It's my first time using Maxilock thread on the long arm and it is working great. Not once have I shredded or broken thread. Oh but I'm only a quarter of the way and that was last night. It's time to see if the thread remains nice to me today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: