Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Retreat News


Someone has a sense of humor. This is the sign on the outside of the big horse barn. There is a room off the back side of the barn where we sew, laugh, eat, laugh, sew.... Sometimes there are several horses in the barn but this past weekend, there was very little activity. There was only one class held so the horses were outside.

I got to the camp nice and early on Thursday so my dear, dear friend Sonya could go to the sale at a quilt shop that is closing it's doors. We expected people to start arriving around 9 am but no one showed up until after one. People started to arrive and the chatting and sewing began.

Before everyone got there, I had a nice long stretch of time to sew. It's amazing how fast time goes by when you get to do what you want to do without being interrupted.

I spent my time working on my pink and brown BOM from the Carol Doak Yahoo Group. It took me most of the day but I like how it turned out. After that, I worked on more paper peicing. Then on Friday, I worked on a flannel quilt I had all kitted up and when those blocks were done, I finished putting together my black and white circle/star quilt top from the November retreat.

There was a lot of dah, tah, tah, dahs going on. Show and tell was fabulous. I am always amazaed at the different styles of quilts and quilters.

It was great spending time with Crystal--thanks Mike for being an awesome person/husband/dad--doing something that we both love doing.

I have lots more I want to say about the retreat but the laundry is calling .
Posted by Picasa

No comments: