Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary To Us


Has it really been 35 years? Are you sure? For real? When did we get that old? I don't feel that old, not today anyhow. Aren't the roses beautiful. One for each year and one for the next. He's pretty sweet isn't he.

I wanted to go to the beach but it was a nice day and we had things to do here so we stayed home most of the day. Hubby worked on tearing down the old barn and I worked on quilting this top. Then we went to Costco (I needed to have a car seat there---rude people beware!) and out to dinner with Crystal and Mike and Elliot in their new vehicle--is it a car, van, Mommy Missle--what do you call it.

The barn is almost gone (I forgot to take pictures!) and the quilt top is now a quilted quilt with the binding sewn on and needing the final stitching. It turned out pretty darn cute, I think. I love the paisley border and used Not Quite Paisley pantograph by Jodi Beamish. I told you I love her pantos and of all the designs I have, I use hers 95% of the time. If you click on the links, they take you to my favorite shopping center. I love buying from Columbia River Quilting. Great service, speedy shipping and pretty good prices.

This is the Four On the Road Quilt that I started last November at our retreat--it isn't that old of a UFO--and now I can take it this year as a completed quilt. YeeHaw! I have a second quilt loaded and one row has been quilted. It was also in the project bag and will be a donation quilt. I used scrappy 9 patches set on point with quarter square triangles. The back is scrappy 10" squares and I am using up all my mismatched bobbins. I used my odd colored bobbins when I pieced the top so it is truely scrappy.

The final picture is hilarious. One boy, an old bike helmet, a brand new toy. The helmet is more fun than the tape measure. I should have sent it home with him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: