Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's My Turn


Aflter spending my recent sewing time on obligations, I am taking time to sew for me. I finished quilting the purple split nine patch and I'm waiting for the binding fabric to dry. I kind of had an accident (not that kind!) and spilled on the fabric so I had to wash it. Needless to say, I am a bit embarressed about being clumsy but the dogs didn't laugh at me.

I got the quilt done about 10 this morning and then started doing things on my to do list--gotta have the list or things don't get done. I've been that way my whole life and I don't thing I'm going to change anytime soon. If something has to be done today, it needs to be on my list. The only thing left to do is to fold clothes and they can wait until we watch our movie tonight.

I watched Oprah yesterday and they repeated the bedbug show and I had the creepy crawlies so all the beds were stripped, matresses vaccuumed, bedding washed and all beds are remade. Then I vaccuumed up all the DJ hair and the threads from the sewing room. Now I am going to take my turn.

The middle photo is my project bag. I have a UFO box that is almost full. I decided that I need to pull a few projects from the box and put them someplace handy so I will work on them. I am going to start the oldest project which was started last November at our quilt retreat. It's the Four on the Road from quilters cache. It just needs borders but I ran out of stash background fabric that I wanted to make the inner border out of. I decided to use a different/similar fabric and get r done. It's aged long enough.

I'm having a hard time not picking the quilt sampler project but I'm saving that for the next retreat. I want to get these almost finished tops done. Then I am going to finish the black and white one. Better get to it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: