Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

I Like Thursday #37

I'm so sorry to have been missing nut on my I Like Thursday posts.
I really do still like Thursday!
I usually write my posts in the early morning but
since the beginning of January, we've been going to 
Daughter Crystal's house as she returned to work.
She has to take several weeks of training before she can officially start her job
and her littles need their grandparents there to get them off to school in the mornings.
When we get back home around 9, 
it's on to the regular day stuff.
So in no order, here are a bunch of things I've liked this year!
Happy New Year!!


I like the elk in Crystal's neighbor's field.


I LOVE the Quiltville mystery this year called Good Fortune.
Mine has all the parts complete and is ready to turn into a top.


Clella plays basketball games of Saturdays.
They are so fun and stressful!


I made a lemon meringue pie!
It's our favorite and I don't make it often.


2 goofy boys waiting for the bus.
I knitted each of these guys new hats.
4 for this family, on to the next family!


Hubs bought an incubator and hatched out 6 new babies!


Then he sees this Mosaic Rooster on Craigslist from a local gal.
So we got him.
Meet Bruce Lee, he's about 3 months old here.


That same day, my friend posted 3 Ayam Cemani chicks for sale.
These are the all black breed and I've wanted a couple since I first learned about them.
So now we have 10 new babies in our flock.


We attended a Kindness Award Assembly
where Leland received an award.
Proud Gramma moment!


I've canned some soup.
This is my fiesta chicken soup.
I also did more ham and bean soup.
Awesome to just open a jar, heat and eat.


We've had lots of snow.
Not lots and lots but 8" is quite a bit for us.
And cold...not cold like some of you but cold for me.


So I've been quilting!
And quilting and quilting.
This beauty will arrive at Granddaughter Amanda's house today.


This one will be at Granddaughter Ashlee's house today.
I love surprising my people.
You can see all my finishes for this year on my

I've missed you all and will try to catch up today on this day off from 
being out of the house by 6am. 

So I am now headed over to Not Afraid of Color and catch up with my friend's
 I Like Thursday posts.


6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

welcome back! I think canned soup is a miracle... it can last so long. Great pics. I like Elk from a distance... one came up to our tent in Canada and poked at it with it's rack... not so nice.

Suzanne said...

You have been one busy Grandma...so glad you are close enough to be able to help your family. The quilts and soup look very inviting on a cold Winter day.

Jean said...

I'm craving lemon meringue pie after seeing that picture. Sounds like you've been super busy. Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day & wonderful weekend.

PaintedThread said...

Baby chicks. peep! Peep! Elk - that's impressive. Your quilts are beautiful. So is the snow. I want that pie! Yum.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have saved up lots of likes for us! How great that you can help out your daughter like you are - I'm sure it's so appreciated! Your quilts are all so beautiful - you've gotten a lot done. Enjoy the snow and the new chicks!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awesome likes. Fiesta Chicken soup? I have been on a soup binge lately. Where did you find the recipe? Your chickens are great, and I am thankful you have more snow than I do. :D