Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Design Wall Monday


I've finally started quilting this month's 2019 UFO Challenge.
With the impending snow storm, will I have a chance to finish it?
We will soon see.


Of course there has to be a whoopsie.
Not really a whoopsie but I had quilting in there that I decided to take out.
So I cuddle up on the couch with spoiled rotten little dog to take out the stitching.
He loves to cuddle under the quilts.
He was a bit irritated with me when I moved the quilt.
He has a good stink eye!


So to make him happy again,
 I settled in with my basted quilt and we took a nap.


We are still staying with the kiddos in the mornings so I took a little projects.
I needed to pair my rectangles and mark the starting points.
In no time at all,
I had them all paired and marked and ready to sew.


I laughed at myself for all my tape marks. 
I have my main sew line, my bonus triangle sew line and my 1/4" line.
Made quick work of sewing my rectangles.
All these are sewed and pressed.
Even the bonus triangles that I have no clue what they will be used for.

Check out the great things happening at


6 comments:

Meloney said...

Love your puppy. It is nice to have things ready to go and you can just sew sew sew.
I keep bonus triangles around all the time and they make pretty quilts.

Ramona said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your next finish. It's always good to have grab and go projects!

Nann said...

What a pretty scrappy quilt! Stay warm.

Churn Dash said...

I love those batiks and I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I love having something portable to grab when leaving the house.

It seems to me that taking out quilting takes 10 times longer than sewing it. Sometimes it just has to be done!

Helen

AnnieO said...

Nice piecing and quilting under your needle. I like the tape idea! Bonus triangles don't get saved around here unless they are pretty big--I just can't deal with another item to save in the scrap bins!

Mary said...

Bonus Triangles will find their way into something. Or just send them to Bonnie, lol. Sorry about the stink eye. Some unstitching isn't fun but necessary. Happy Monday.