Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall Monday



Hawaiian Sunset 1845---please don't let me get tired of flying geese.  I am so close to the end of these and anxious to start the 9 and 4 patches....so anxious that I have started pulling strips out for them.  Just a few, it's going to take lots more.  I see progress on others and it makes me want to forget about the box of apples and the bucket of green beans I have waiting for me this morning.


And my precious bow ties.....I have 4 more twosies to sew together and then I can get the remaining 4 patches finished.  Daughter Crystal was here the other day and didn't like the way I had them paired up so she rearranged some for me.  She doesn't know it yet but when the 4 patches are laid out, she has to work her magic on them.  

Day 24 of National Sewing Month--I continue on my journey of sewing every day.  I'm quite amazed with myself...I thought I would fizzle out after the first few days but haven't.  Let's hope the mojo sticks around for a few more days. I'm thinking of buying myself a nice prize when I complete the month.  Something special, sewing related of course!

Check out what Judy L has on her wall today and what other fabulous projects are being shown on DWM.

11 comments:

Denise :) said...

Good job hanging onto that mojo!! It's serving you well! Apples and green beans will hold for another six days, right?!?! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh you make me so jealous!! I only have one block made - miles to go yet!!!!

Nancy said...

That's an impressive pile of flying geese!

Vicki H. said...

Whew, tons of geese! I think you may need a new sewing machine after all this great sewing!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Wow, that is some pile of flying geese!! Are you paper piecing them or the normal way? Isn't amazing how a simple bow tie block can turn into such a spectacular quilt!!! Hope the mojo keeps you going until Sunday!

Mary said...

Nice that you have someone to work her magic on your Quilt, There's not much hope for my Scrappiness of Bow ties. Congrats on making so many FG blocks. I have Tomatoes and Peppers staring me in the face upstairs. Waiting to be made into Chili Sauce. I can't see them when I'm sewing...LOL

AnnieO said...

Good work, Judy! Glad you are hanging on to the sewing month theme and getting a lot done. I have not sewn every day, but a lot more than I might have! Love your bow ties and I'll cross my fingerst that you don't get tired of flying geese :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like great incentive to bribe yourself with a gift!
I love your flying geese...keep flying, you're so close!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful bow ties. You have such interesting fabrics. Geese are amazing...are you doing them leader ender?

Gari in AL said...

Well, you put me to shame but I do have three rows done on my Carpenter's Star. I think I am getting worse with feathers rather than getting better. Right now I just want to finish (!!) cuz I just saw a new quilt I want to make. ;-)

Brita said...

Yes, geese by the flocks are not my favorite project, but you'll be thrilled with the finish. you've been a busy girl!