Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Problem Solved


Tuesday I was happily quilting along on the butterflies when I started to have thread issues. I was getting frustrated so I quit for a while. This is the same thread I'd been using for most of the quilt until I started changing out different colors to do the butterfly wings and birdhouses.

When I came back in, I pulled off a bunch of thread thinking maybe there was a bad spot. Nope, still shredding. So I parked the machine and quit for the night. Then yesterday was Binding Friends day so there was not even a thought about the quilt.

Sometime in the night I woke up to kitties doing a dance across my back. As I'm laying there trying to go back to sleep, this big ole light bulb went off in my head! The butterflies and the bird houses have fusible web on the back of them......DUH! CHANGE THE NEEDLE!!! Whoopsie! Didn't think about that one......yeah, duh!

So this morning after a few chores, that's what I'll do. I'll change the needle and finish quilting this quilt.

5 comments:

fancystitching said...

I love it when brainstorm solutions come in the middle of the night and I didn't have to stress over them (though in actuality, I have already stressed over it in waking hours and could not come up with a fix). Fusible can be so "ticky" to work with. Good luck... hope this fixes your problems. VERY cute quilt!!

LuAnn said...

It's funny how things just come to us if we just walk away when we have a problem. I love that butterfly. Your quilting is great Judy!

Michelle said...

We all have our Duh moments, don't we? Glad you figured it out!

Diane said...

way to figure it out-hope you have no more issues, I know that's so frustrating!

Lady of the Cloth said...

What kind of needle do you use? I've had the same problem and just gave up. Carline