Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Jo's Crumb Along

Jo, over at Jo's Country Junction is hosting "Crumb Along With Me".
(Clicking the box will take you to her first post.)

Crumb Along!

You know I'm playing along.

Last month I made these crumb blocks. Still I have no idea how many blocks are in the bin but I could not resist these cute flying geese that Jo is showing us. I have a little bin that I have been putting my crumbs in so I will work out of that until I need to dig deeper.

When I start sewing these crumb blocks, the hardest part for me is stopping! I have other things that need my attention so I am limiting myself on how many blocks I can sew at a time. Today I am picking the number 1. That's right. ONE block today. Believe me if you want to. :o)

10 comments:

Diane said...

Good luck...crumbs are like potato chips, how can you make/eat just ONE!?

Cathy said...

I love your bright and happy colours!

Deb A said...

Ohhhh. So pretty. Seems these things are just like potato chips... you can't just make one!

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

I can admire a woman who is disciplined enough to stick to her limits, even if I think she might be fibbing. Super job on the first assignment.

Dena said...

This crumb along sounds like fun. I really love the quilt Jo made for her daughter. The technique she used brings so much character to her quilt. I know your finished quilt is going to look spectacular too. I can't wait to see it.

scraphappy said...

You must have AMAZING willpower to stop at just one. I'm on four and trying to pull myself away.

Quilter Kathy said...

I don't believe you...I bet you will sneak in there and sew a few more blocks when no one is looking :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I agree - you just can't do/have one! I get very carried away when I pull my scrap tote (actually have 3).

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Good job there, and such will power but then I know how spreading yourself out has to go.

Neabear said...

I am sure by now that you have gone back in there and made a bunch more!

~Linnea