Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Stash Report 12.5.10

Only 3 more stash reports left for the year and I am thinking of my goals for 2011. I am wondering if I will continue with the stash report. Although I found it quite interesting to see how I acquire my fabric, I know I am not out of control with my buying habits. If I would have kept track of how much I purchased new vs. how much I was given or bought from yard/thrift sales, I think that may have been pretty even. I have used lots more fabric than I ever thought I would. That part impresses me.

Used this Week: 6 yards
Used Year to Date: 245 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 175.25 yards
Net Used for 2010: 69.75

I now wonder if I will make it to my goal of 100 yards net. I could sit down and knock out a few quilt backs before the end of the year to use up a bunch, but if I don't, it isn't a matter of life and death. I have impressed myself with the fact that I have not missed a week of reporting, even on weeks when I've done nothing. Even on weeks when the added number jumps up 25 yards!

This has been a very fun project. Thank you Judy L of Patchwork Times for hosting the Stash Report. Go there now to see how others are doing.

6 comments:

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

You are doing Great, even if you don't hit the 100 yard mark. I am also looking forward to 2011 -- the "Scrappy Year".

Kathie said...

I definitely think the weekly reporting has kept my purchases where I think more and try to buy with a purpose and use up older fabrics. I am definitely going to continue next year.

Kate said...

Congratulations on keeping up with your report and for being a stash buster!

Barb in Mi said...

Congrats on stash reporting - and thanks for inspiring me of doing a review of stash report myself!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad this has been a good experience for you. The numbers don't matter in the long run. I also like your Blocks 5 & 6!

Lori said...

Glad to hear how your stash reports worked. I like reading about everyone's progress (or lack of it!)