Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Design Wall-Week 23


Here it is, another What's On Your Design Wall Monday (or Sunday). Judy L. at Patchwork Times keeps me on my toes sometimes, other times I feel like I'm falling on my nose. I try to have something going on my design wall but sometimes other things get in my way. Like this week was our 10th Annual Quilter's Retreat at Royal Ridges. I am so tired, all I want to do is sleep for 3 days but I have so much renewed energy, I just want to sew, sew, sew! 2 retreats in 2 weeks is a bit overwhelming but I'll do my best to carry on.

This week on my design wall are my 2 star BOM blocks for a very new Yahoo group. 2 blocks per month with one being paper pieced and by the end of the year, enough for a very nice sized quilt. I am using my stash of brights and Kona black. So far, I'm liking it. I did another 9" BOM for another group but I messed it up so bad that I am going to take it apart and remake it. The leaves were the winnings from a drawing at last year's retreat. I was hoping to have them turned into a table topper before retreat was here but that didn't happen. I got hung up on hat knitting! I'm hoping to have it finished this week so I can use it for a couple weeks before Christmas decorating gets here. I'm excited about putting up my wall hanging that I finished in July. But first, we must have Thansgiving.

I also completed 4 more blocks for another BOM that didn't last as long as I thought it was going to. I wanted to make 30 blocks total and I am almost there with 25 done. After spending time visiting and getting ideas for even more projects, I worked on a scrap project using some of my shorter 2 1/2" strips.

So head on over to Judy L's and see what everyone else is working on. Monday's are one of my favorite blog hopping days.....and then Tuesday, Wednesday........you get the picture!!!

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

All of your blocks are beautiful, but the blue one is my favorite!
You lucky duck going to 2 retreats! No wonder you are tired!

Gari in AL said...

Wow, you really sound like me: lots of BOMs and projects going at the same time. Love your design wall: beautiful blocks.

Diane said...

Hi Judy! Love the leaves against the black! Sounds like you got a lot done on retreat.

Lynn said...

The leaf blocks are really nice. Maybe you'll get them together for Thanksgiving?