Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Simple Pleasures




Last night I had the pleasure of talking on the phone with my friend Sharon and if you know me at all, you know I don't like to talk on the phone much. We talked about how much we enjoy where we are in our lives.

Both of us are trying to simplify things. I have been working really hard on decluttering but sometimes it's hard to let go of my stuff. Like the hoarder people you see on the talk shows, I understand how they feel about letting go.

My big thing is to get my UFOs done. I'm happy to report that finish Number 13-the Christmas Redwork Project-is now official and small group UFO #7, aka my version of Quiltville's Diamond Strings, is also done and has become Finish Number 14.

WooHoo, now I need to load this month's UFO which just needs quilting and binding.

6 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - you are really making progress - congrats on the finishes - and on the future finishes.

Julia said...

Gorgeous quilts!

Dena said...

Great job on your completed UFOs. Once my grand kids go back home I'm hoping I will begin making some headway on mine.

Mrs Quilty said...

I love your Quiltville's Diamond Strings version...it is beautiful and such a great lesson on using that ruler, which I have and have not learned how to use yet...but you've inspired me to get on with it. Darling, beautiful bright colors! Good job finishing projects!

Bonnie said...

Good job. Debby is amazing -- # 30 -- yikes. And 14 is no slouch either! That is averagine 2 quilts a month which is good. I guess I'll have to figure out how I am doing. I do know I don't do many big quilts anymore! Bonnie

institcheswithbonnie.blogspot.com

Debby sent me!

Judy S. said...

I LOVE the redwork one, and the other one is nice, too. Where in SW WA are you anyhow? Good job on the UFOs. I'm working on mine also.