Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Design Wall-Week 25 & Some Babbling


Another non sewing week...I am not in a sewing mood, I want to knit. So knitting is what I have been doing. And going, I went somewhere almost every day last week and that isn't like me. And organizing......what a job!

As you can see, the Maple Leaf table topper is right where I left it last week. I don't know if it will be ready for Thanksgiving or not. If not, it will be ready next year. The Christmas tree blocks were won last year at a retreat. I think there are 20 some in the bag. I'm not sure what to do with them. I found the bag while organizing and pulled out three of the blocks to hang on the wall for something new to look at. Maybe these will be my quilting room decorations for the holidays. Oh that's a good one--use it if you want. Really, I think they will make nice wall hangings. I just need to get something for sashing and borders.


Picture #2 is what I've been working on all week. I finished the pink hat for GGD Jaelynn and started the gray hat for Taylor. The knitting is finished, I just need to take it to the store to find a fabulous button for it. I am 3 rows from turning the heel on my 2nd Monkey Sock. Oh it's hard not to start on different socks....but this is a challenge for myself. I don't want a bunch of knitting UFOs like I have quilts.

And a couple more dish clothes. We had a huge storm last night and the power went out at 3 Sunday morning--I know this because hubby woke me up to tell me--bless his little heart! He got up at 4:30 to go hunting and I stayed in bed until about 7 because it was very dark in my house. I finally rolled out, poured the left over coffee into a pan, set it on the woodstove to heat up--desperate times-desperate measures!!-and opened all the curtains to let in the day light. I couldn't get on line--laptop battery was dead! so I got out my Sock Sack with my dishcloth crocheting in it--very handy in my purse for waiting rooms, lines & stop lights!--and sat down, drank my warmed up coffee and finished one. Then went to work the second. I like using up bits of cotton yarn for my own dishclothes. And pretty dishclothes make me smile when I'm using them. So this is now back in my purse for when I need it.

The quilt on the longarm belongs to my friend Sharlene. Yummy flannel. I was happily crosshatching along when the first needle broke, then the second and then the 3rd. I decided to take a break from it today and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Head over to Patchwork Times and see what everyone else is up to. Design Wall Monday--my favorite day on the web. Thanks Judy L for keeping this going. (I say this on Sunday night, hoping it to be true on Monday morning. ;-)

6 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Great idea to decorate with those little tree blocks. My Christmas tree UFO from around 1990 will be an unquilted tablecloth for another year! Love your autumn leaves! My favorite colors.

Gari in AL said...

I really like your Christmas tree blocks, I see a great little quilt with, maybe, a couple of santa's thrown in.

Quilter Kathy said...

I smiled at the thought of decorating the design wall for the holidays!!

Erika said...

I really like your Christmas tree blocks.

julia said...

I love the maple leaves!!

Judy S. said...

How about some red sashing and borders for your trees? I'll bet you could find something cute at this time of year!