Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Hello August!

What happened to Judy in July.....
what is she doing and why isn't she posting???  


Could it be the dog days of summer?
Or
Could it be because she has nothing exciting to post?
Or 
Could it be because she is playing too hard?
Or 
Is it because she is a champion procrastinator? 


I quilted this UFO wall hanging.
It still needs a trip through the washer and dryer.
Then I'll share the finish.


I've been dehydrating extra broccoli from my small deck garden.
We've eaten a lot of it but I want some for winter too.


We spent a lot of time at the beach.
This is the back corner of our lot and it was a small jungle.
We paid for the whole lot, we want to use the whole lot!


So we borrowed our son's tractor.


I say we like I did so much work.
Nope, I mostly stayed out of the way.
Our friend Bill was a huge help!


I took a big bag of half square bonus triangles 
and cut them to the size I need for my new leader/ender project.
I'm doing the new Quiltville l/e project that can be found in the tab section of her blog.


I forgot my rotary cutter at home and was quite mad at myself over it.
Ernie was going to get some diesel for the tractor 
so I asked if he would look at Jack's for a rotary cutter.
He did, they didn't have one.
So my super sweet husband went to Long Beach and found one at Dennis Company.
Oh how I miss the quilt shop there!!!


The poop deck is gorgeous.
Our friends Pam and Bill comes over and waters when we aren't there. 
I couldn't have flowers without them.


Mean while, back at home,
my hydrangeas exploded. 
Absolutely gorgeous this year.
We've been putting wood stove ash on them all winter and spring.
I think it helped a lot!


I made some wine bottle carry bags as gifts for friends.
They were fun, quick projects.
I had to have one too. 😉


I'm UFO busting some of my embroidery work.
This is quite cute up on my sewing room wall.
I have my next embroidery UFO out and have started working on it.
I've also decided to start some wool applique and 
have a couple of kits ordered.


This week we've had fun watching this silly guy 
at his baseball camp.


We brought him home with us 
and had to have pictures in front of the hydrangeas.

I'm ready now for a big quilt basting party in my living room. 
I am ready to quilt again.

I'll be back when I'm back.
Hopefully a bit more often now.
See you soon, thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Mary said...

Nice to see you post. Life happens!!