Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Welcome To The Family Sweet Sixteen




I've been wanting to upgrade my beloved Brother 1500 machine to a 

I've wanted one for a few years and lately started looking seriously.
I looked at new, 
I looked for used.
There are not many used machines on the market.
I looked in 3 states and recently found one 3 hours from me.

Yesterday we took a road trip to north western Washington to test drive one.


Who am I kidding, I knew I was bringing it home with me.

She is now set up in the living room.
I played with her for quite a while last night.
I watched videos and played some more.
I'm confident in my free motion and I'm ready to start quilting.

Today I had to put off quilting to get a couple of quilts basted. 
I am so behind on my UFO Challenge list that I pulled the 
March and April UFOs off the pile and basted them.



I'm about ready to wind a couple of bobbins and 
be brave and start quilting. 

I hope to soon be moving these and several others to the finish page. 

9pm Update



The learning curve is quite curvy but I'm having so much fun!





4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Congratulations on your HQ Sweet sixteen.

Mary said...

Congrats, and only 1 1/2 hours away! You will be so good with having the new to you machine to be your partner.

Quilty Constance said...

WOW! I want one.

Nann said...

Congratulations! What will you name her?