Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 06, 2013

Design Wall Monday


It's been about a month since I've worked on my hexagon wall hanging.  I'm taking it out of the UFO stage and putting it in the WIP stage.  I cut the borders, carefully measured and pinned, machine blind stitch appliqued the sides, then with some mad skills, added the top and bottom border without a hitch.

I need to make a few more flowers.  I am about ready to layer and baste the quilt, then make the final decision on placement and get to quilting and appliqueing.

Check out all the fabulous design walls linked up at Patchwork Times today.

6 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Judy, that wall hanging is a wonderful, creative use of the hexagons. Love it!

Cathy said...

Oh Judy, it looks fab-you-luss!!!

Mary said...

This going to be so Great. Love the many layers of Hexies! Hope I get to see in in-person someday. Good Job!

Rhonda said...

Judy your hexie piece is so pretty. I love the colors and watching the whole process! Great job!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go...you are making great progress!

Nancy said...

What a clever way to use hexies! It's wonderful