Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Was I Thinking???


I am overwhelmed with my sewing room project. Just when I think I'm making progress, I make a bigger mess. But I am a seeing teeny, tiny light at the end of the long tunnel. Here are 3 projects that I have made into kits. I spent some of my rest time-maybe too much-playing with EQ7 deciding how to set my blocks, wondering what sashing I wanted to use.

The sampler is from a 2010 quilt along. I wasn't a fan of some of the blocks but I made them anyhow. I took them to the Wednesday group for opinions and came home ready to throw them in the garbage. But I didn't, I sorted likes and dislikes. Then I searched through the 12" blocks on Quilter's Cache and printed out instructions for 5 more blocks. Included in this bag is the fabrics for the blocks and the sashing and border fabrics.

The blue blocks have a bag of blue strips with them that will be used for scrappy borders around each block and then set together in a 3x4 setting and made into a charity quilt.

The third bag is my own design with fabrics cut with the basic die for the Go! cutter. Included in that bag are all the blocks with sashing and border fabric. These 3 projects will go with me to my May retreat if they aren't finished before then.

I did order some finishing fabrics from Thousands Of Bolts. That totally cracks me up that I need to order fabric when all week I have been putting fabric into bins. But in defense of myself, I don't have much yardage. I have lots of small pieces and lots of prints for backs.

It does feel really good to have a plan. I just wish the plan was working faster....too many interruptions with real life to get my big project done in my super imaginary timeline.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making great progress! I always have an imaginary timeline in my brain too :)

Cathy said...

I so agree that is frustrating to have to make a mess in order to clean up. I've done that twice, so far this year, since I'm doing the organizing in sections of my room. There is just way too much to tackle all at once. Kitting stuff up is a good idea.

Annie said...

Whenever someone says "what was I thinking" I have to come find out. Although I'm still not sure what you was thinking about, you definitely have some plans going on and you're ready for whatever happens. I'm glad you're helping to keep the economy going...right along with the rest of us. LOL

Nancy said...

Distractions are part of the creative process, so don't beat yourself up over them.