Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Progress

Mr. Dozer has found himself a new favorite lounging spot. He likes to lay there and look at his adorable face in the mirror. I got up to get my camera and he sat up and posed. Such a goofy cat.

Well, I made lots of progress today. Several more bins were taken out of the sewing room. I had put a bunch of acrylic yarn into a bin like Dozer is sitting on but then I found another bin so it all went in to a big bin like the blue one. I labeled it Yarn, Lots and Lots of Yarn. The bin he is sitting on is all my sock yarn and the swifter and ball winder, also labeled with the contents.

Tonight my back is hurting so I am going to take it easy a bit tomorrow. I have a stack of magazines that I need to go through so I think that will be a good time to work on them. You know, take out the pages I want, recycle the rest. I want to have my patterns and papers organized like Teresa of Fabric Therapy shows in this guest post at Sew We Quilt. I have 3 big notebooks full of page protectors and like the way she uses magazine organizers instead of the notebooks. And her file system...green with envy but I only have a 2 drawer file cabinet so that's all I am using. And that idea book......want that too. Teresa is such an inspiration for me. I want to be like her when I grow up.

This undertaking has become so much more than just taking stuff out of the room and building a new sewing table/counter top. So much more! I'm even too tired to knit.........

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Keep repeating to yourself, "Progress is progress not matter how small."

I would like to scan my pattern collection someday to eliminate all the paperwork in my house.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great ideas in that blogpost...thanks for the link. I hope to be organized some day too :)

fancystitching said...

LOVE the cat pose! Thanks for sharing the organizing links... just as SOON as I finish my taxes I MUST get to sorting through and organizing... I MUST, i MUST, i MUST!!!

Pokey said...

The kitty made me smile...I remember that post with Teresa's amazing stash. What a collection! I'm just happy when I can put my hands on something I know I have!
:-}pokey