Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Tuesday Knitting Report


As I was pleasantly sewing along on my RRCB blocks last night, I hear a noise from the living room.
"Aren't you supposed to be knitting?"
"I'm sewing."
"But didn't you want me to remind you to knit at night?"
"Yes, but I'm sewing."
"I'm reminding you to knit and it's night."
"Ugh~~I'm coming!"

I suppose I should be pleased that he remembered that I asked him to remind me of something. And I do like to knit while watching (listening to) tv. And I do want to get my sweater finished.

When I measured last night, I am past my elbows on the sleeves now, only 8 more rows until I start the decrease for the cap. Exciting!!!!! Maybe not for everyone but it is for me since this is my first sweater. I wonder sometime if I should have started with a child's or baby's sweater instead of one for myself. Then I think if I didn't do mine first, I may never do it. Now I am in hurry and finish mode.........I bought yarn yesterday for another sweater. This one will be much smaller and pink.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm knitting my first sweater, too, but mine is a child's. It is supposed to be for a baby, but it is going to be big enough for either the 2 or 3 year old I think. I guess I'm not using the right size needles.
Yours is looking good.I'm knitting in the evenings too.

Judy S. said...

Your sweater looks great, Judy! Just think how quickly a little sweater will go after this one; I need to finish one for me that's been in the works since the fall of 2009..... You're right, these big ones take TIME!