Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stash Report 3.21.10

I have done no sewing since Tuesday! BOM blocks and blocks to finish the Sunny Lanes quilt are all I've sewn.

I started cutting the kit to make the hunting club's quilt. Fabric 2 is directional. I didn't follow the directions, I ordered new fabric to replace that and I ordered the backing fabric. Then fabric 7 had lots of different cuts. When I started to cut for the 3rd dimensions, I skipped to fabric 8 for those and they weren't the dimensions for fabric 7. Oooyyeee! I ordered more of fabric 7 and because I was ordering, I added a cute little charm pack for a baby quilt. Now someone needs to have a girl! Fibers & Stitches is loving me as much as I love them! Talk about super duper fast service. They are located in St. Helen's, OR so both of our mail hubs are in Portland. I ordered one day and my order was here the next! Isn't that amazing!!! Now I have to be brave and cut into the new fabric so I can sew this top during the week.

What have I been doing instead of sewing? Bulldozing my way through my sewing room. Spring cleaning! Getting stuff organized. I have the perfect plan, finally. I'm almost ready to call in the muscle to help move things around. Scary, what if my plan doesn't work and I have to make a new plan??? That will put all my other plans in complete turmoil!

Used this Week: 3 yards
Used Year to Date: 56.5 yards
Added this Week: 7.5 yards
Added Year to Date: 45.25 yards
Net Used for 2010: 11.25

Check out how everyone is doing with their stash by visiting Judy L's page.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Never know what you might find when spring cleaning! It is always fun to reorganize and get a fresh start. Your numbers are great!