Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Quiltathon Day 2


The flannel quilt is done, done, done! It was very toasty sitting under it today while I stitched down the binding. We had a cool rainy day here today so it was a perfect binding day while I watched my man, Greg Biffle win his 2nd Nascar race in a row!!!

I also put final borders on a small quilt for a friend. It will be quilted later in the week. Then I made a paper peice block for another friend and fianally I worked a little while on my depression blocks. This has been my leader/ender project for quite a while. Each 8" block has 16 half square triangle units in it. I seriously thought I had more HSTs made and I might have them stashed somewhere in this nightmare of a sewing room but I am too tired to look any further. Especially after searching for my orange thimble. Which by the way, I love!

So my Quiltathon is over for this weekend. Tomorrow I go to work on my friend's quilt. I have to have it finished before Wednesday morning. For this week coming up, I have a plan and I hope I can stick to it! I think this is the week Crystal and Mike move so I need to schedule some help time in there somewhere. They are going to need a supervisor and I am perfect for that job!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shannon said...

It sounds like you led the pack this Quiltathon!

Perry said...

Love this quilt! Really pretty!

Sue said...

Beautifous as always!! You are amazing, Sister.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You got more done than I did this weekend - life interfered! blessings, marlene

Val said...

Your blog is wonderful. I will be back.