Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Quilting Baby Quilts

I love quilting baby quilts. I think all baby quilts should have one side with flannel. There is just something so snuggly about flannel and babies.

The top picture is a quilt made by my friend Sonya for her son's friend's baby boy. Seahawk colors with no prints. That's what he wanted, and Sonya did a great job picking colors and fabrics. The lime green binding sets everything off perfectly. Cotton front and flannel back.

Quilt #2 is for same son, different friend. He wanted teddy bear colors. So Sonya picked teddy bears! She found the softest teddy bear flannel. It was so much fun quilting these 2 quilts.

Picture #3 are my 2 charity baby quilts. Both are made with the Wicked Easy pattern and flannel scraps from grandkid pajamas. It was fun showing these to the grands and listening to them remember their pj's. Ian told me he still wears his pj bottoms from 3 years ago.....they must be shorts by now!

I sewed the backings together, loaded them on the frame, layed down the batting and then the seperate quilt tops. Then I just meandered my way across. It didn't take long to get these 2 quilted. I put the binding on them right away and then used my fancy sewing machine to finish the binding. 2 done with 1 more of these to finish and a box of girly flannel for 3 or 4 more.

I just follow the cutting guide lines for the size of scrap I have and stack the pieces. After a while I count what is in the stack to see what piles need what. When my scraps are gone, I sit down and start sewing the blocks. The fun part comes when I have the blocks finished and I need to sew the blocks together. What a fun quilt to make. I can't wait for these to find their loving owners.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: