Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Design Wall Monday

I'm late, very late. I have a good reason.
It was hot here so on Thursday, we went to the beach.
Any excuse to go to the beach but this is the best one.


I finished up all the blocks that I was using for my leader/enders. 
These were the blocks for the Triangle Gathering quilt.
I mentioned last week that I had been thinking of doing Quiltville's Chunky Churndash.
It's one of Bonnie's free patterns.


I pulled out the strips I needed, sewed a while, cut a while.
I have several blocks kitted up ready for leader/enders while I work on the next project.


Ernie had volunteer to help our friend Bill put new windows in their house.
So he was gone for 2 days and I sewed on Wild & Goosey.
I forgot to take any pictures.

We took a drive last night because I wanted to see the sunset.
No sunset to be seen, it was soon socked in with fog


The across the street neighbors were putting a new roof on their house.
I was so nervous watching them up there. 
I felt it was my job to keep an eye on them.
So lots of knitting happened. 
This pair of socks was finished and the next pair started.


Today on the way home, I set a couple goals on these socks.
First was to get the ribbing finished before we got to the Rainier bridge.
I finished the last row as we crossed over into Oregon.
Then it was just plain knit, knit, knit.
Love Opal yarn. 
This colorway is Robin Hood.

I'm late to the party but I'm still linking up with





5 comments:

Mary said...

I wondered why you were on the neighborhood watch. I'm watching the remodel next door. It's been fun, except for the dirt pounding machine early this morning. Cute Chunky Churn Dash blocks.

Ramona said...

I like your chunky churn dash blocks! Knitting in the car is the best. Keeps the hands busy and gets things accomplished while riding. Great socks, too!

Julie said...

Great blocks and what fun. I don't have neighbors to watch so not a problem there! Although now with harvest starting up there is a lot of activity going by on the road. I love the beach. That is the one and only thing I miss about living in the Portland area, the ability to drive to the beach for the day. We used to go about once a month.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh the beach! That sounds good to me! Love the chunky churndashses!

Judy Hansen said...

The chunky churn dash blocks are cute - love the one with the fussy cut center. The beach is so calming to me. I like to go there when I'm stressed out, and jusst walk and listen to the waves. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays.