Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

I Like Thursday #7

We spent the last week at the beach. 
It's always fun when family and friends come to visit us there. 
It's such a happy, relaxing place. 
We are still working on clearing the brush off both lots. 
I think we are close to where we want it to be. 

This week's likes are all form the beach. 
Enjoy.


Miss Daisy loves to stick her head out the window.


Little Jessie cuddles up against dad.


I like yellow but not I don't like Scotch Broom.
It makes me sneeze!!!
Oregon and Washington roadsides were gorgeous with them but
they need to be controlled. 


There was a cruise ship docked in Astoria.
I'd like to go on a cruise some day.
Maybe to Alaska.


I love all the old houses in Astoria, Oregon.

In absolutely no order...
Here are a few of my garage sale finds.


Singer 223 found by my friend Pam.
We were headed home when my phone rings and she yells
"I found a sewing machine! Come back!"


Grandson Elliot needed a new bike.


These 3 love their stinky clams!


I added 3 new pots to the deck.


The Poop Deck is pretty pretty.
See the leaf bird bath in the center?


A really sweet lady makes them with these leaves.
It's called Gunnera Manicata or Dinosaur Food.


She sold Pam and I each a start.
We are both pretty excited about it.


Dee & Vern's trailer was moved to it's new spot.


MOM! 
Isn't she cute?


The view from their sitting area.


Ernie gave the bus a good scrubbing using the ladder he bought at a sale.


I really like sea gulls.


And Eagles!


And sunsets.

I'm loving all the I Like Thursday posts at 

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Your plants and flowers are so pretty! But I agree about the allergens, my nose and throat have been running non-stop for weeks, and I hope it settles down soon. I love seeing your dogs, our missy used to curl up like that in the car, and I always love to see the ones with heads-out-windows. They're such fun....

LA Paylor said...

I'm loving you and your lists! How much fun was that??!!Dino leaves! Eagles! Flowers! old seaside towns! Dogs on a car ride! Sunsets! Did you get that gorgeous machine? I hope so, a white singer what a find! And in a cabinet too!

Suzanne said...

I like you like post, as usual. I found a Holland America repositioning cruise from Vancouver to San Diego(October) that stops in Astoria. I like your seagull and eagle.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Judy,
Lots and lots of great likes this week! Aww, those pups either with their head out the window or at dad's elbow are just precious. And the cruise ship - I wish I was on it! I love to cruise. The poop deck looks pretty darn great - and that leaf bird bath is SO COOL!!! HAHA - yes, Dee is indeed cute!! And the sea gulls, eagle and sunset are fab. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great flowers and your poop deck. Astoria, I love Astoria, all the history, all the old houses. The awesome bridge. Where did you camp? Last time my hubby and I were there we camped at Cape Disappointment. Bought fresh Tuna at Ilwaco and then canned it. Neat planters.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at that eagle - wow! I love the Oregon coast. We haven't been to Astoria yet - Lincoln City is our favorite place so far! Looks like you had a great time at the beach.

PaintedThread said...

What a great trip. Flowers, sunsets and bicycles. Ooh, and that Singer! I can see why you like them all.

Angie said...

Nothing beats the beach in the summertime … but I won't be eating clams any time soon … I remember your 'poop' deck - LOL - and your flowers look lovely!