Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday


Last Monday I showed 2 small UFOs that I was quilting and trying to finish. The New York Beauty is done and is now being used as a table topper. Next on Mt. UFO is this Quilt As You Go string quilt that I started in February 2011. Whoa! Time to get it done. It will be nice to kick this one out of the UFO Parade!


I have to write notes to myself with my intentions-quite often I forget the note and the intentions! I see that I am not the only one that writes herself notes.  See Kathy's post here.


In the bag with the blocks are the center strings and more backing and binding fabric. I have boxes of batting scraps and bins of strings so I am set to finish. I followed this tutorial at Sew Many Quilts. There is a finishing tutorial here. I'm sure there are lots of tutorials out there, this is the one I prefer.

Ohhh, there's some great things happening over at Patchwork Times on the DWM links.......I'm headed there now. I love Monday in Blogland!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I try to write notes but sometimes I don't think I'm walking away from a quilt for 10 years... I mean a few months. I need to go look at the qayg tutorial -- it would be a great way to use up some odd size batting. Great post today.

Mary said...

Good to write yourself Notes. Never done a QAYG. I'm keeping notes on my Christmas gifts so I don't leave anyone off. My Notes for my quilting are included each week on the BLOG. I have every good intention to get to work on my UFO's every year. My count for this year isn't so good. Too many NewFOS!

Nancy said...

I write notes to myself all the time - when sewing and when knitting.

Love the string blocks!

Marei said...

After picking up one too many things in the sewing room and saying, "What the heck is this?","What was I planning to do with that?", "Where did this come from?", "Didn't I have binding for that?", I've had to admit that I'm getting older and the brain is getting tired so I write notes now too. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

We must both be women "over a certain age" where all the brain cells are busy making lots of quilts and we can't quite remember all the details of every project! You go girl!

Brenda said...

Great that you're finishing the string quilt. When you're done, visit our group string blog at http://stringthingalong.blogspot.ca and post a picture.

Heidi said...

Loving the string quilt ! Thanks for sharing the tute you like, I have been saving batting strips for something like this.

AnnieO said...

I love the way other quilter's string blocks look but the thought of saving yet another type of scrap exhausts me! Glad I'm among experts with my need to make notes :)