Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Early To Bed, Early To Rise...



...Without fuzzies in my eyes!!! I know I am a morning person, I don't normally go back to bed because when I wake up, I have days like yesterday. Staying up is my normal and I think I need to stick to my normal.



After doing a couple morning chores, I turned today into a sewing/quilting day. This is newest block from Moose on the Porch Quilt Along. Today is the 3rd time I've made this one block. Block 1, I had the steps going the wrong way, took it apart and resewed it. Block 2 didn't measure 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 because someone cut the light blocks the wrong size. I wonder why someone didn't notice this after block 1! This morning someone took out the too small pieces and replaced them with the correct size and now we have block #4. Someone is now happy.



Next on the list was to put the final borders on Grandson Elliot's train quilt. Now that the top is finished, I am going to fold the last load of clothes then make the backing, cut the batting and get to quilting. My goal is to have this quilt finished today!

3 comments:

fancystitching said...

I am glad I am not the only SOMEONE in this world! HAHA!!

The train quilt is absolutely wonderful!! I know Elliot will love it!

Kat

Diane said...

3rd times the charm....I say that a lot about my sewing. I haven't even thought to measure my completed jellyroll blocks. I just assume they'll be in the general vicinity of 12.5...
Is that real bad?
Elliott's quilt is darling.

Judy S. said...

I love your Elliott quilt. Great pattern, great colors, great idea!