Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Retreat Has Come and Gone


And what fun we had! I have sore cheek muscles--all cheeks--from laughing and sitting! My stomach hurts from laughing. Just a look or a sound or a simple word can send me into hysterics.
Show and tell was awesome and I was very happy to show my finished Orange Crush quilt. I wrote about finishing the top in my post for April 9th . It is now residing on my guest bed.
I spent most of the retreat working on another quilt as you go string quilt. I have one more row to add and then put the binding on and it will be ready to give to Nadine for a local charity. I even gave a demo on how I join the blocks-boy talk about pressure! On Saturday night, Berta gave a lesson on locker hooking. I now have another obsession. It is so fun to visit with everyone and the inspiration from everyone is almost overwhelming.
I love going to the retreat but Monday morning I'm not worth anything. I spent most of the day today trying to get a few things done around here but as my friend Karen so eloquently put it, I had a retreat hangover! It took until after 2 this afternoon before I finally felt like a normal person. It might have helped if I could have went back to sleep this morning but I had too many ideas in my head to settle down. It's early to bed for me tonight.
Hubby is watching his rasslin' and I am going to pull out the string quilt and see if I can make some progress on it. I have a full day of quilting tomorrow so I better sew tonight.
TTFN

No comments: