Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Where Have I Been and What Have I Been Doing?

 Here's a big ole post with all kinds of stuff that happened around the farm.


May is my birthday month and I buy myself all kinds of gifts.
I was in Walmart one day and took a wrong turn looking for thread.
This Brother SE625 sewing and embroidery machine was on clearance for less than 1/2 price
and jumped right into my cart!


We spent Memorial Weekend at the beach with family.
S'mores are a must!
I love our beach time.


I've been loving my wicking tub garden.
Yesterday I harvested my first kale.


We did a major front yard make over.
It all started with asking Ernie to take a walk because
I have a plan and would it work.


I've wanted this to happen for a very long time.
This is only Phase 1 and Phase 2 will happen soon.


While at the beach,
I cut all the parts for a mystery BOM project.
I sewed them all up when I got home.
I'm excited for the final clue.


We went to town to look at a used car.
We came home with a brand new shiny Honda CRV.
This is my very 1st brand new car.
I keep my cars forever.


This was another of my birthday gifts.
Fresh pasta is the bomb!


Hubs cut down a bunch of trees.
They were rotting and dying.
Better he cuts them and lays them down where he wants before
they fall over onto power lines or fences.


I have baby squash!!!
Super excited.


Last Saturday was the annual hunting club picnic.
It's one of their biggest fund raisers for the year. 
I DID NOT make the quilt, but daughter Crystal did.
Her dad was quite proud of her and
the gal that won it was super excited.

So there you have it, 
4 weeks of catch up.

I hope to do better.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Judy, lots of excitement for you for sure! My husband keeps his vehicles (he drives a 1981 Toyota) and tractors and combines forever too, but I get a new car a little more frequently! I am looking to buy a 2020 because I like the number! LOL Your garden is fun, we have the traditional type garden, but I would love to do containers. Glad to see you back!

Mary said...

Missed reading your I Love Thursday posts, too. This one is a bit Quilty and a bit LOVE my Birthday month. Happy Birthday!!