My mojo has gone missing. I have not sewn for 3 weeks. The exception is joining pieces of landscape cloth to make them big enough for my tub garden.
Garden Party has been basted since January but it sits on the shelf taunting me. The borders were wavy and I was not pleased with the way backing was , too many puckers! So last night, I told it to hush as I grabbed it off the shelf and took it in front of the tv. Seam ripper and reverse tweezers at the ready, I got busy.
The original plan was to just unpin the borders and remove them, remeasure and do it right. No more just laying the fabric on and sewing borders. I knew while doing it I might regret it and I do.
When the borders were off and I started to fold the quilt back up, I saw the puckers on the backing again. Right then I decided to unpin it all, and fix it the right way! Too much time went in to this quilt to half-ass finish it.
Now I am ready to do a quick gift project and then get busy again on my UFOs.