Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Design Wall Monday


What a week! Most of it was spent in the kitchen as I added to our winter pantry.
I don't think I turned on the sewing machine once!!
This little quilt is from the latest QAL at Humble Quilts.
It's called Palmateer Point.
I finished it the day the last clue was released but only hung it up yesterday.
It now lives on my sewing room door.
(I really need to change out the hooks for that quilt holder. 😉)

I also did some kitting up for the next retreat.
I have 3 small projects to work on,
plus I'll take along Garden Party #2.


A few evenings I worked on the Mischief Quilt rosettes.
I added 4 more to the pile.
I love batiks but this is the only batik quilt I will ever hand stitch!
And it might just turn into a wall hanging.
My fingers do not like that dense fabric!


So yesterday I got out the On The  Road Quilt.
(This is an old picture.)
I stitched a few more sections on and did an inventory of parts.
I need to make several more neutral scrappy blocks.
Those are so much fun to make.
Netflix and the neutral scrap bin=pure happiness!
I think I'm just over half way on this project.
Time to get super serious! 

The weather has turned typical for the Pacific Northwest.
That means serious sewing for me.
Unless of course a beach trip happens like I'm hoping it will.

Check out what's happening in Blogland at

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Batiks are hard to hand stitch, but your blocks are gorgeous made with them! I love your mini and your hexie blocks, too. You have some fun things going on at your house!

Nann said...

Palmateer, Sunny Lanes, Jewel Box, Buckeye Beauty . . . so many names for the same block! Your little version is charming. Your EPP projects are lovely (sore fingers and all).

Mary said...

Great to see your finished QAL. Sorry about sore fingers. Batiks aren't my thing, one less fabric to collect in my Stash. Glad you got some Quilty time in with all your pantry filling.

Julie said...

Wow, great projects! I love batiks, but yes hand stitching them is tough! I have a full freezer, not so much into canning, and DH is going to buy his hunting license and tag this week!

Kate said...

Very fun projects. Your Palmateer Point project turned out beautifully.